Many happy returns of the day, Dharamji. May the Almighty shower you with much more happiness and cheer than what you have brought into our lives.
1) From among the below, who has sung the maximum songs for Dharmendra?
b) Kishore Kumar
c) Mohammed Rafi
d) Mahendra Kapoor
2) Who’s the Music Director who scored the music for the maximum number of Dharmendra movies?
b) Rahul Dev Burman
d) Bappi Lahiri
3) Khayyam has scored music for only two Dharmendra movies to date. ‘Razia Sultan’ (1983) is one. Name the second one.
a) Shola Aur Shabnam
b) Neela Akash
c) Pooja Ke Phool
d) Jaani Dost
4) Who made their debut as music directors in a Dharmendra movie?
5) In which movie did Kishore Kumar first playback for Dharmendra?
a) Ganga Ki Lehren
b) Naya Zamana
c) Tum Haseen Main Jawan
d) Do Chor
6) Which singer made his debut in a Dharmendra movie?
(Hint: Dharmendra was the film producer)
a) Mohammed Aziz
b) Kumar Sanu
c) Udit Narayan
d) Shabbir Kumar
7) Dharmendra has lip synched to a female playback singer for a movie. Name the movie.
a) Khel Khiladi Ka
b) Kaatilon Ke Kaatil
c) Khatron Ke Khiladi
d) Kahani Kismat Ki
8.) S. P. Balasubramaniam has done playback singing for Dharmendra in which movie?
a) Kasam Suhaag Ki
b) Sachai Ki Taaqat
d) Aag Hi Aag
9) Who has scored the music for Dharmendra-Asha Parekh starrer Shikar (1968)?
a) Salil Chaudhary
b) S. D. Burman
10) Which of the below music directors has never worked in a Dharmendra movie?
b) O. P. Nayyar
c) Madan Mohan
d) Salil Chaudhary
I have been a huge fan of Bollywood star Dharmendra for years now. So when I came across this blog from Memsaab, I thought why not have a blog of my own on my favorite star. So here goes the first post on the legend – a quiz for all you Bollywood lovers out there.
There are no prizes for getting correct answers. However I am sure you will participate in this quiz just to know how well do you know him if he happens to be your favourite star.
- Dharmendra is the only star from the 60s to have starred with the top three of the 50s – Dilip Kumar, Raj Kapoor and Dev Anand. Name the movies in which he appeared alongside them.
- Sachin lip synced to a Lata Mangeshkar song in this Dharmendra-starrer. Name the movie.
- Dharmendra and Meena Kumari were one of the hit pairs in the 60s. Name their first movie together.
- In which movie does Dharmendra have his screen name as Rajesh Khanna?
(Hint: Meena Kumari was the leading lady)
- With which of the below Bengali directors has Dharmendra never worked with?
a) Bimal Roy
b) Hrishikesh Mukherjee
c) Biren Naag
d) Satyen Bose
- In which movie did Dharmendra play his first double role?
- Dharmendra has a rare distinction of starring with each member of the Kapoor family in various movies. Who are the only ones with whom he has NOT worked with?
- In the early 70s, there were rumours that Dharmendra was romantically linked with one of his leading ladies. Name her.
(Hint – It was not Hema Malini)
- Before Dharmendra, another 60s star was chosen to star in ‘Phool Aur Paththar’ (1966), however due to date problems, he couldn’t work in the movie. Who was he?
- Which Dharmendra-movie did Hrishikesh Mukherjee edit (not direct) in the late 60s?
(Hint: The movie was produced by Deven Verma who co-starred with Dharmendra in several movies in 1966).