I don’t have the data, but I believe Rafi has sung the more number of songs for Dharmendra than any other actor. It started right from 1961 until 1982. Dharmendra being such a prolific actor acted in nearly 200 movies during this period. He insisted Rafi should sing at least one of the songs for his movies during this time. Secondly, Laxmikant-Pyarelal scored music for many Dharmendra movies in this time and they preferred Rafi over Kishore Kumar.
Here is a quiz on one of the most in-demand duo of the 60s, 70s and early 80s.
- Mohammed Rafi sang for Dharmendra for the first time in “Dil Bhi Tera Hum Bhi Tere” (1960). (True/False)
- The song “Kismatwala aaj chala” picturised on Dharmendra and sung by Rafi is from the movie
a) Pooja Ke Phool b) Main Bhi Ladki Hoon c) Aap Ki Parchaiyaan d) Mera Qasoor Kya Hai
- Dharmendra lip synced to Mohammed Rafi and Mahendra Kapoor songs in these 1966 movies. Pick the one where Mahendra Kapoor did not sing for him.
a) Baharein Phir Bhi Aayegi b) Mohabbat Zindagi Hain c) Aaye Din Bahar Ke d) Mamta
- Shankar Jaikishen scored music for a number of Dharmendra solo songs in the late 60s and early 70s. What stands out in these? Hint: The movies were “Shikar” (1968), “Yakeen”, “Pyar Hi Pyar” (both 1969) and “Tum Haseen Main Jawaan” (1970)
- Laxmikant Pyarelel have scored music for over 70 Dharmendra movies to date. Which was their first movie in which Rafi sang for the lead actor? a) Izzat b) Mere Humdum Mere Dost c) Aaye Din Bahar Ke d) Aaya Sawan Jhoom Ke
- From the below, name the movie in which Dharmendra lip synched to a Rafi sung with music by Sachin Dev Burman. a) Jugnu b) Naya Zamana c) Bandini d) Ishq Par Zor Nahin
- The Rafi song “Phir Woh Bhooli Si Yaad Aayi Hai” from “Begaana” (1963) was picturised on Dharmendra. (True/False)
- Dharmendra lip synched to two different songs in “Chupke Chupke” (1975). Rafi was one of the singers. Who was the other one? a) Kishore Kumar b) Mukesh c) Manna Dey d) Sachin Dev Burman
- “Aa bata de ke tumhe kaise jiya jaata hai” from Dost (1974) was picturised on Dharmendra and sung by Mohammed Rafi. (True/False)
- Mohammed Rafi last sang a song for a Dharmendra movie. Which is the one?
a) Aas Paas b) Bhagawat c) Kaatilon Ke Kaatil d) Professor Pyarelal