I have been a huge fan of Bollywood star Dharmendra for years now. So when I came across this blog from Memsaab, I thought why not have a blog of my own on my favorite star. So here goes the first post on the legend – a quiz for all you Bollywood lovers out there.
There are no prizes for getting correct answers. However I am sure you will participate in this quiz just to know how well do you know him if he happens to be your favourite star.
- Dharmendra is the only star from the 60s to have starred with the top three of the 50s – Dilip Kumar, Raj Kapoor and Dev Anand. Name the movies in which he appeared alongside them.
- Sachin lip synced to a Lata Mangeshkar song in this Dharmendra-starrer. Name the movie.
- Dharmendra and Meena Kumari were one of the hit pairs in the 60s. Name their first movie together.
- In which movie does Dharmendra have his screen name as Rajesh Khanna?
(Hint: Meena Kumari was the leading lady)
- With which of the below Bengali directors has Dharmendra never worked with?
a) Bimal Roy
b) Hrishikesh Mukherjee
c) Biren Naag
d) Satyen Bose
- In which movie did Dharmendra play his first double role?
- Dharmendra has a rare distinction of starring with each member of the Kapoor family in various movies. Who are the only ones with whom he has NOT worked with?
- In the early 70s, there were rumours that Dharmendra was romantically linked with one of his leading ladies. Name her.
(Hint – It was not Hema Malini)
- Before Dharmendra, another 60s star was chosen to star in ‘Phool Aur Paththar’ (1966), however due to date problems, he couldn’t work in the movie. Who was he?
- Which Dharmendra-movie did Hrishikesh Mukherjee edit (not direct) in the late 60s?
(Hint: The movie was produced by Deven Verma who co-starred with Dharmendra in several movies in 1966).